Engineering Rule Book
A list of rules for construction engineers:
- Rule 1 - Your job is to make money. By building it safely, building it once and leaving a positive legacy.
- Rule 2 - When faced with opposing views, often the answer is both.
- Rule 3 - Give me good news, give bad news. Just don’t give me surprises.
- Rule 4 - Relationships, say hello because success is largely a result of those around you.
- Rule 5 - The early bird catches the worm, and enjoys the fruits of its labor.
- Rule 6 - Respect the 6 Ps.
- Rule 7 - Do not walk past it.
- Rule 8 - Keep one eye open and your ear to the ground.
- Rule 9 - Always start with the end in mind.
- Rule 10 - Pop quiz, what is the number?
- Rule 11 - Finding Time
- Rule 12 - When you have the choice, always start with the hardest part.
- Rule 13 - Learn to ask good questions.
- Rule 14 - The KISS Principle.
- Rule 15 - We Are All Paid To Think
- Rule 16 - The Professional Engineer